When you get
into body building, you have two choices. You can either train
in a gym or workout at home if you have the necessary equipment.
Each one of them has its own advantages and disadvantages.
(1) Can socialize
with other people.
(2) More motivating environment.
(3) Can get training help if needed.
(4) More equipment facilities.
(5) More space to train.
(6) No need to invest a big budget up front.
(1) Less Privacy.
(2) Can't train whenever you want. The gym has an opening and
closing time. Also, at times, the gym will be closed and you can
miss your workouts.
(3) Need to travel and spend more on gas.
(4) You have to listen to whatever music is being played unless
you use a portable mp3 player with earphones to listen to your
favorite training music.
(5) Equipment can be in use, hence you have to wait for your turn.
(6) Usually, gym memberships are not cheap and you have to pay
every month. This is a recurring expense.
(7) Sometimes, the equipment might have other people's sweat on
(8) Workout can be interrupted with conversation and chatting.
of home gym
(1) More privacy.
(2) Can train whenever you want. No pressure. Your home gym is
(3) No need to travel. Can save on gas.
(4) Can listen to your favorite training music without earphones.
(5) No need to wait for your turn to use equipment.
(6) No expensive gym membership.
(7) No need to use an equipment which can have other people's
sweat on it.
(8) Less chances in getting disturbed in your workouts.
of home gym
(1) Can feel
alone. Can't socialize with other people.
(2) Can be a less motivating environment since you don't see anyone
training or other people seeing you doing your favorite exercises.
(3) If you need help for eg in your last difficult set repeats,
you might not get it.
(4) Less equipment facilities at your disposal.
(5) Limited space for your equipment and workouts.
(6) Need to invest a big budget up front on weights and a bench
There you go, now it's up to you to choose which one suits you
About the author
Jean Lam is the webmaster of Body
Building Resource which provides articles on weight training,
nutrition and fitness, body building book and DVDs.
Revolution Home Gym For Sale
advanced Bowflex® home gym ever