is among one of the most nourishing whole grain foods and is usually
eaten during breakfast. Oatmeal is a complex carbohydrate, a high-fiber
cereal and is a slow digesting very low fat food. So oatmeal is
healthy and usually very consistent. Eat a large bowl of oatmeal
with milk during breakfast and you can wait till lunch to have
another meal without having to snack. Oatmeal isn't difficult
to cook and it takes just a few minutes.
Here is a
simple oatmeal breakfast recipe and it will show you how to make
oatmeal easy and fast:
Based on a
serving of 1/2 cup of oatmeal:
1/2 cup of
1.5 cup of cold water
1/2 cup of warm water
1.5 spoon of milk(whole milk, skimmed or low fat whatever your
1 spoon of brown sugar
1 banana, cup of raisins or strawberries
(1) Pour 1/2
cup of warm water in a cup.
(2) Add 1.5 spoon of milk in the warm water.
(3) Add 1 spoon of brown sugar and stir.
(4) Pour 1.5 cup of cold water in a recipient.
(5) Add 1/2 cup of oatmeal in the cold water and stir with a spoon.
(6) Bring to a boil over medium fire and continue to stir.
(7) When oatmeal is mostly cooked, pour the 1/2 cup of milk in
it and stir.
(8) Close the recipient and let the oatmeal simmer for 5 minutes
in the heat.
(9) After 5 minutes, remove the oatmeal and place it in a bowl.
(10) Cut a banana in slices and scatter it over the oatmeal. You
can also add a cup of raisins or strawberries.
If you use
1 cup of oatmeal and above, increase the doses proportionately.
Jean Lam is the webmaster of Body
Building Resource which provides articles on weight training,
nutrition and fitness, body building book and DVDs.